Monday, February 20, 2017

Chapter 3- Escape- Taken by HER

        I turned around trying to find the source of the sounds. Nothing. No more sounds. What was that? Why was it talking? My mind froze for a second as it bought of the possibilities. Maybe it was... Her? I've never thought of Her to talk. Her seemed she would be the silent killer at the end of a hall, like in one of the horror movies the popular kids would go and see after school. But was it actually Her? Or was it something else?
      You could think of me as something else. But if rather be called Foni. 
      Foni? What kind of name is that? Why are my thoughts being answered? Wh-
      You have some sort of problem with my name? That's new. How about you come a little closer to see what I really look like? Your blood won't be bubbling for long.
       Bubbling blood? I demand a response to who you are! Wait, I'm thinking this... So how is Her finding out what I'm thinking? There is that possibility it isn't Her. Its... Its a voice in my head. But I can't control it!
      Why haven't you realized that yet? Are you arrogant? Well, a little taste of that blood could really get me to tell more...
     More about what? And you can't taste my blood! Your in my head. You can't hurt me.
      Maybe that's what you think. But really your wrong. If I'm in your head, I control it don't I? And you might now want to insult me. I see one coming on. When I'm upset.. You die.
      What? What do you mean? I can just shut you off. Like that. Right there. No more talking.
      You have it all wrong. I control you. I always do. You may not feel like it, but anything I tell you to do you will eventually do. It may take years, but you will feel an urge to do it. You will turn into a self you never thought you had. Dark self. Murderous self. Here, take an example. Break out. Go far into the forest. Go on. Far away where Her will never catch you. Family. You will find family.
       You're wrong! Its not family without Margi... She was my sister. I will never feel the same without her. I won't until I find out that she died peacefully. I know that's not true. But its hopeful to think she might've had a nice burial with family and friends, weeping at the sight of the many roses laid down in her honor.
       Suddenly I felt a jerk. My chest felt lighter, as if a thousand pound chain was lifted off of me. I heard a clink and shot my eyes down to the floor where a metal chain lied.
      I stood up. I can stand! I'm free! I hurried down the hall and over to the door. I wiggled the stiff and old copper knob, but it wouldn't budge. It must be locked on the other side. I looked back over to the old oak chair where I sat for a year. Above it was the window. The window! That's it. I can break it. I ran over to the window and looked at my skinny arms and tiny weak hands. I Don't think ill be able to break it with my hands... Maybe the chair? I untangled the chain form the chair and picked it up. I smashed it against the window only a few times before it shattered into the yard. As I climbed out the window and down the vines I ended up jumping down to the lush grass. Then I remembered. Her.
       Her would be there. I didn't bother to turn around, I'm not going to risk catching her eye. I scaled the brick wall, scared to get to the end of it and have to find a way to not see Her. I finally got to the end of the wall and sighed. I could feel a cold breath on my neck, and knew it was Her. She whispered something, but I couldn't catch it. I quickly slipped off of the wall and shot my eyes down. I could hear her cackle, and saw her trying to get me to look her in the eye.
      As I got to the road I sheelded my eyes from Her. I ran. As fast as I could, with my eyes sealed shut, until I bumped into something. I could no longer feel the cold chilling breath down on my neck, so I opened my eyes to find a little hut. It was makeshift, and seemed to be open. I looked up at the half moon, which seemed to have a person on it. I shook it off and freaked open the door. There was a small light purple blanket with some wear on it, and a little leaf pillow that was freshly made. I yawned, and sat down. Who owned this place anywa-... I drifted off to sleep on top of the blanket, with my head resting on the leafs. Where did Her go?

No comments:

Post a Comment