Monday, February 20, 2017

Chapter 2 - Sally - Taken by HER

         Ever since my babysitter, Hannah, got eaten by HER, I've lived in this small hut. I miss my family and my bunny, Snuffle. Everyday, I wake up and go to the river to fill my metal pan with water. I pick strawberries and go back to my hut. That is what my breakfast is everyday. I'm more strong and skilled than most 5 year old girls, because I have been living alone in this dirty hut since last July. It's been over a year and is August now. The heat is around 80 degrees fahrenheit and I am wearing a light sweater, leggings, and a pink t-shirt. It's all I have. When me and Hannah were in these woods, I had brought a backpack with a lantern, blanket, and a stuffed toy. We were taking a walk in the woods when I went to pick flowers. When I turned around, Hannah was gone.

"A new day," I sigh, sitting up in my hut. I grab the metal pan and my plastic bag I found in my backpack. I head for the river and do my daily routine. I walk to the rushing spot, and fill my pan. The fast moving water is always the cleanest. I pick 8 strawberries off the bush and walk back to the hut. As I eat my breakfast, I see it. The house. I look away fast, but I hear a faint, "help me....." I quickly leave my hut and walk over to the herb rock- as I call it. Plenty of vitamin and nutrients filled herbs grow there, and it's how I stay healthy. Sometimes, I think about my friends who I haven't seen for a year- Kylie, Jenna, Bea, and Chloe. I have visions of them on the playground, playing on the monkeybars together. I dream about going home one day, but these woods seem to go on forever and ever.

The stars come out and I hear the howl of a wolf. I lock the door to my hut and cuddle up with my blanket and leaf pile (my pillow.) and go to sleep. 
'
"Ring around the rosie....... pocket full of posey........ ashes......... ashes... we all... fall... DOWN." I see Kylie, Jenna, Bea, and Chloe- but with blood coming from their eyes, black liquid on their faces. Their clothes are torn and falling off. They come closer and I scream, finding myself in my hut. "It was a dream... Sally," I tell myself. It was midnight. Creeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaak.
                              

No comments:

Post a Comment