Monday, February 20, 2017

Chapter 1- Bermi - Taken By Her


There was a little brick home in the dead middle of a forest in Lousiana. The house was so far out into the wilderness, the place it stood had no name. If you were to look into the vine-covered window in the attic on a hot Autumn day, you would see a girl peeking out. If you were unfortunate enough to be taking a walk along the little deserted path that goes along the forbidden river to her home- you might as well not try to run.
    
    Those poor poor people! I've never wish someone to be stranded in this wood. There is a little secret I know you see; those people are never in any real danger. Not unless they look at her. But, the real problem is she's everywhere. You can never escape her grasp once she sees you looking at her hideous face. It's terrible! I never know where they actually go once she captures them, but i do intend to find out as soon as i can stand up- UMPH- well,the chains are still here so i guess until i break them off.
    my living situation is not very fine in my opinion. I'm chained to a wooden post that goes through this old home. There's a mirror at the other end of the hall, and  can see bits and pieces of my long blonde hair, starry blue speckled eyes, and my petite black shoes that i wore to the dance on my last night free. The rest is just smudged and broken. Really, it represents the last year I've been here. No one ever dares to come inside the home. Like it has some plague, but I thinks it's rather charming. Sharp point at the top of the roof, vines covering the windows, roses in the front yard near the willow tree where Margi dissapeared a few months ago, destressed bricks barely staying together through the hundreds of years it's been here.

   Margi was my sister. She was opposite of me, with a shy nature and dark features. I still remember the day she found the old rubber neck pliers that seemed they couldn't even cut a twig. But sure enough she busted out. I still wonder why she didn't break me out too, right then and there. He excuse was she's older and should scope for danger before i could come along. After all she was older, but I admit I'd rather have gone along with her than stay here alone.

      Little cracks creeped from the wall, and soon enough a bloody decaying hand broke away the old green floral print wallpaper holding a small chipped white plate holding a loaf of bread and peas. This was normal for me, the only thing that had fed me the last year was a hand that sometimes would stay for longer than invited. It creeped me out at first, as may you be. But really this is normal. I learned to take the food after a few days, and it tasted rather plain, but if your accepting service from and unknown, it may be the only thing you can rely on.
      I took the food and the hand disappeared back into the wall, just to come out minutes later with a small rusty blue and gold teacup, full of water than seems it had just came from the river. Salty, but good, I thought.
      I looked back outside just to see Her whisk into the bushes. I sighed at the sight of the monstrous being, if it even is human. Her creeped back out and snarked, trying to taunt me into breaking out, as if I would ever follow my sister. I have already gone through her death, I would not want to die now that we could not be together while doing so. This may sound gruesome, but think what you want. If this situation would come upon you, I bet you would feel the same.
      But, I have come to the realization that you won't. Because you don't live in an unnamed place, you don't have a sister named Margi, and  you most certainly aren't chained to a wooden post in an old tutor with a corpse hand feeding you! 
       I shake in my chair when I get angry, and it rattles the chains that will forever enclose my present body. At least I can dream of being free. With no Her. With my family, friends, even foes. 
      Thump. Creak. Thump. Hack. Cough. Thump.
      What is that?
      Thump. Cough. Bermi? Hello? Its me. Are you there? Haha. Good times Bermi. Those were good times. You hear me? Good times. Don't think about losing me too.

Image result for bleeding eye

No comments:

Post a Comment