Thursday, February 23, 2017

Chapter 9- Person in the Woods- Horror in the Woods

          I opened my eyes from a long rest. My stomach grumbled, as this normally was the time the hand would come and feed me. Must be around twelve in the afternoon. As my eyes got back into focus, I noticed something strange. The door was open a crack, and neither Esmeralda or Sally were to be seen. Not even food.
         I half way stood up, as the roof was too low for my head to fit. I crawled out the door, and looked out. Still, no Sally or Esmeralda.
          "SALLY! ESMERALDA! Hello?" I called out multiple times. No one answered, and my stomach started to churn. I just hope they didn't go west...
         West she did go.
         Both of the voices echoed. How do you know? You only are in my head. You can't escape.
          YOU BRAT! You just have to assume everything don't you. We aren't only yours you selfish being. We see everything you see. Even if your eyes are closed.
         I'm not selfish! I don't want to keep you. Didn't you choose me? Why didn't I get voices that didn't have anger issues? Don't answer. I'm going to find them. I'm going west first. I think. Maybe not... You could be lying... But Sally doesn't know where my house is I think, so that gives her one more reason to follow the little pleasant moss covered path that could lead to her death. No ones stupid enough to get close to the house though. She went another way.
         I strode off after grabbing a little distressed brown leather bag, and filling it with the little plastic water bottle I saw, and a small safety pin. As I approached what I thought was the river,  I grabbed the water bottle and filled it all the way up to the brim.
        Crunch there was a sound coming from around a clump of trees near the main path. I saw the light of a flash light, and ducked under a bush that was near the stream. The tips of my dress got wet from the raging water, and the wood, for the first time in a year, even though there is a mysterious man in it, felt tranquil. The misty breeze, water running, I even thought for a second I was a little girl again, running through the meadow that was behind my house, going to school and playing tag with a friend or two. It all felt fine until I realised I was behind a bush for a reason. Someone's life was in danger.
           I crunched down and crept over to a tree for cover. He was about a foot away from me, and I was scared he would hear me even breathe. His flash light twitched, and then went out. He smacked it a few times, then mumbled something of anger after shoving it back into his pocket. I saw a figure leap, and I jumped up, alarming him and making him pull his gun out. I haven't been in this wood long enough to no longer know what to do and who he was. An officer. And I need to put my hands up.
        "You're in danger" I whispered under my breath.
         "Go away. You're better off away from this wood."
       

No comments:

Post a Comment