Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Chapter 6 - Flashbacks - Taken by HER

                       I watch the girl staring at the wall. She looks like she is thinking of something. It's now 7 in the morning, so I take the blue-green egg and walk towards the spot that Esmeralda led me to last night. I crack the egg on the obsidian and smoke begins to rise. A wait a few minutes and a fried egg awaits me. "I haven't had protein since..." I begin but Esmeralda stops me when she starts running towards the hut. I shout for her but she has already made it back. I hear crunching in the twigs. I start running for the river and feel a cool breeze on my neck. Someone is heavily breathing when I realize it's me. I turn around and don't see anything. It's probably just the wind....

 I turn back around. "Come... and PLAY... with ME..." 

I hear little kids laughing and singing... "Riiiiiiiiiiiiiing... aroooooooooooouuuuuuund... the ROOOOOOOOOsie........ a pooooooooooooocket... fuuuuuuuuuuuullllllllll.... of POOOOOOsieeeeeeeeeees..... AAAAAAAAAAshes......... AAAAAAAAAAAAAshes... we allllll... falllllllllllll........... DOWN." I hear someone screaming and realize that it's me. I look at my hands and blood is covering them. My hands and been in shattered rock. "Saaaaaaaaaaaallllllly........." CREAK. THUD. BOOM. CRASH. My face feels hot and my heart beats fast. I wash my hands in the river and the entire river turns RED. My hands sting more when I notice the plants are dying. I run as fast as my short little legs would take me. 

When I reach the hut, bones are surrounding it, along with a decaying body of a raccoon. That's what Esmeralda must have been afraid of. I'm to scared to look for an apple tree. I go into my hut and the girl is still there, sitting in a corner. I wrap my hands in my light purple blanket and hope it cures the hurt. That's when the world goes black.

"Ha ha ha hee hee!" I can see my classmates skipping in circles and playing together. A girl I knew named Riley looks at me with her icy blue eyes, but blood is coming out of them. "Sally, play with me...." 
"Sally, why are you bleeding?"
"I can help you..."
The girls come closer... decaying... bloody, hands touching me. Blood is streaming down my face... and I'm falling deeper... and deeper.....................................
                                                               CRASH. It's night.


Image result for bloody hand

                                                  

No comments:

Post a Comment