Monday, February 20, 2017

Chapter 4 - An Obsidian Stone - Taken by HER

I squeeze into a corner of my hut and try not to make a sound. My palms sweat and my heart beats fast. In one hand I clutch my stuffed owl, in the other I am fidget with a leaf. The door creaks open and my raspy voice says, "Wh... who... is it-t-t-t...."
I start chewing on the tips of my dark brown braid, and my pure, big, green, eyes feel watery and itchy. A claw or talon like foot steps through the door and to my surprise, it's a black, white speckled chicken. How could it have opened the door? I think to myself.

The chicken looks at me with yellow eyes, and lays a single egg. She steps away from the egg, and nods her head. "I can't cook, I have no supplies," I whisper. The chicken squawks and walks toward something, so I follow her. I put on my tie-dye sweatshirt and follow her. The cool, midnight, breeze blows air on my tan skin. I realize the chicken is squawking, trying to say "look down" I look down. Obsidian stone. The sun reflects off such dark colored stone and causes the stone to reach extreme tempatures. I look at the egg I am holding and say, "Thank you, this is a useful breakfast gift," The chicken blinks and gives me a look that says, "I will stay, you're welcome," The chicken follows me home. I open the door, but a girl is there. I pick up Esmeralda, the chicken, and stare at the girl. She has long, wispy blonde hair, and was wearing black shoes. She is asleep, but notice marks on her wrists that look like they were left by metal.

I look over to the clump of trees, at the old tudor house. The window is open, one chain hanging out. Was she stuck in there? I go into my hut and sit down. I look at the girl, and whisper, "Who... are you?" I blink my eyes, hoping she'll wake up, when it hits me. Whoever had trapped her, is gonna come looking for her.




                                                                   We're not safe.



No comments:

Post a Comment